The Natural History Museum was opened on May 1, 1996 at the former Union Club building or Kan-Daw-Gyi hotel at present. The new Natural History Museum building was built in 1966-1976, and on January 1, 1978, moved from the old one to the new one. It was now opening to the public for over four decades with the purposes:
- a) To know how's the existence of the living things and plants since from ancient eras such as Paleozoic era, Mesozoic era, Cenozoic era and to knowledge on their progressive changes.
- b) To learn about zoological and geological fossils.
- c) To knowledge of Myanmar’s natural resources, the existence of forests, the protection and its benefit factor.
- d) To help those who studying Taxidermy
The following things are exhibited in Museum:
- Exhibit of the geological and natural resource things
- Exhibit of the Mammals and Aviaries
- Exhibit of the Fishes, Reptiles, Amphibians and Invertebrates
- Exhibit of the anatomy structure of Backfin-Whale
Copyright 2018, Htoo Zoos and Gardens Business Unit. All rights reserved.